Membership Think Tank

Here you can build your application, and when ready, post it!
Kendall
Nation: Carolina & Marrascania

Re: Membership Think Tank

Post by Kendall »

Eretzora wrote: 30 Mar 2020, 02:01 Has the alliance ever used NationStates for recruitment purposes? Apologies for reviving an old thread, but I thought this is something worth asking.
No, you're totally fine, don't apologize. It has never come across my mind at least, but since a lot of our recent interested applicants have come from there it might be something worse looking at. Not sure what that would look like though.
jmsepe
Nation: Teiko

Post by jmsepe »

Eretzora wrote: 30 Mar 2020, 02:01 Has the alliance ever used NationStates for recruitment purposes? Apologies for reviving an old thread, but I thought this is something worth asking.
This is totally not relevant to your question but I have NationStates account.

https://www.nationstates.net/nation=dres_van
What good would it bring if a man gains the whole world but loses his soul the one he loves?

MNL-CGY-DVO-CEB-ILO-SIN-TPE-PPS-KUL
Eretzora

Post by Eretzora »

I have quite a bit of experience operating NationStates regions, so I would be able to assist in setting up any kind of NS presence for the alliance. I actually had no idea forums/communities like this existed outside the NS sphere, which is why I found it odd we had no presence there. The level of detail expected here in AIN I think would attract a steady flow of players, particularly since there are not many of these type of communities left in NS. Years ago, there was an abundance of communities like this associated with NationStates, but player-made regions have sort of died in favour of the larger feeder regions and the onsite NationStates forum. Just an idea worth considering perhaps. :)
OtakuWeebster
Director of Infrastructure
Director of Infrastructure
Nation: Takamaiku

Post by OtakuWeebster »

Eretzora wrote: 30 Mar 2020, 14:43 I have quite a bit of experience operating NationStates regions, so I would be able to assist in setting up any kind of NS presence for the alliance. I actually had no idea forums/communities like this existed outside the NS sphere, which is why I found it odd we had no presence there. The level of detail expected here in AIN I think would attract a steady flow of players, particularly since there are not many of these type of communities left in NS. Years ago, there was an abundance of communities like this associated with NationStates, but player-made regions have sort of died in favour of the larger feeder regions and the onsite NationStates forum. Just an idea worth considering perhaps. :)
If I recall my NationStates era, I was part of the recruitment group of a region me and a Singaporean had created. It's mostly more on mass-spreading to the new members and hope for the best. That's how we did and hol and behold it works :rofl: . Comparing here to the NS is like comparing night and day in terms of RP and stuff like that. Enacting Bills like in NationStates is present here though it's more alliance wide and democratically engaged. :rock:
Eretzora

Post by Eretzora »

When I first joined NationStates, around ten years ago, there were regions of all stripes and colours. Most of the very successful regions had formed their own offsite communities, with structures entirely separate from the onsite NS community, not unlike this forum in that regard. The NationStates site was often used merely as a recruitment tool and as a mode of interaction with other roleplaying communities, which also assisted in recruiting other players since each region would post monthly updates on the offsite forums of their allied regions, in sort of virtual embassies. If these updates were attractive enough, it would often result in a flow of players from these communities.

I do believe things have changed quite a bit since those days, but there will definitely be a number of players who are interested in a more in-depth experience than currently possible on the onsite NS forum.
Otto
Speaker of the Alliance
Speaker of the Alliance
Nation: Esquimalt & Balaton

Post by Otto »

we had the idea of migrating towards NationStates mayn years back, but it was never executed.
"If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is probably not for you."

Return to “Application Office”