Application for Qalif to join the AOIN

Here you can build your application, and when ready, post it!
Patrik

Application for Qalif to join the AOIN

Post by Patrik »

APPLICATION FOR STATE OF QALIF TO JOIN ALLIANCE OF INTEPENDENT NATIONS
This will be my top 1 nation but I will not delete Kenji, for now.
New picture doesnt work but new HDI is 83,5 new population is 6,342,000 New Emir is Mohamed bin Abdul bin Zayed al Wahhid and new area is 25,832km2 And biggest city is actually Awila!
Last edited by Patrik on 20 Mar 2021, 10:18, edited 2 times in total.
Ehhmm...
stanislav
President of the Alliance
President of the Alliance
Nation: California & USSR

Re: Application for Qalif to join the AOIN

Post by stanislav »

Fantastic application! For now I have no concerns regarding the content of the application, however I must point out that, as per the Alliance Charter, you must have owned your original member nation for 12 months before being allowed a second nation. This means that you can only get this to voting after April 15, which was when Kenji was accepted into AIN.
«Всех умней, по-моему, тот, кто хоть раз в месяц самого себя дураком назовет» - Фёдор Достоевский
Fred
Director of Culture
Director of Culture

Post by Fred »

Glad to finally have a neighbor in the area! However, there are a few things I'd like to point out concerning your nation.

First of all, Qalif doesn't seem much bigger than Masyan, yet according to your calculations it seems to be more than twice its size... I'd place it somewhere between 20k km2 and 30k km2 :?:
Concerning the population, I see it quite too high; remember that that area is a desert, and even your immediate neighbors (Qatar and the emirates of Abu Dhabi and Dubai) hardly reach up to 5-6 million inhabitants. So I know It's kind of a mantra all members of AIN love repeating to whatever new country applies but consider slightly reducing your country's size and population. :P
HDI too is a bit too high for the area, the UAE's HDI is around 0,840 while Qatar's is around 0,831 and Bahrein's 0,806... It's ok to reduce it a bit, it would still be classified as "very high". I suggest making an average between your neighbors UAE, Qatar and Bahrein, this way you'd get a realistic enough data.

Second, you say that Jazah was already an important port in the 17th century, tho at the time settlements in that area were no more than villages, or didn't exist at all. Consider that the Arabs inhabiting those areas were mostly nomads, if there ever were settlements they must have been no more than little fishing ports or small trading posts where the majority of the population wasn't Arab but Persian or Yemeni. It's ok if your capital wasn't a powerhouse back then already, cities like Abu Dhabi, Dubai or Doha became huge metropolis very recently so Jazah doesn't need to be ancient to reach their same development.

Least but not last... Beware of the Arabic names lol: if the father is Sheikh Abdul bin Zayed al Wahhid, his son and successor will be Sheikh Mohamed bin Abdul bin Zayed al Wahhid; "bin" or "ibn" means "son of" or just "son" (or "boy") in Arabic, therefore the son's name will be "Mohamed, son of Abdul, son of Zayed al Wahhid" :lol:

Fix these small flaws and your nation will be fine... I actually look forward to have it in, especially if you say that this will be your tier one country, it means we will have a lot of activity going on between us two!
Don't be afraid of cutting it down to size a bit; in order to be unique your country doesn't need to be the largest or the best at everything in the area, it just needs those one or two characteristics making it stand out. I.e. the UAE are a confederation of monarchies, Bahrain is mostly shia but ruled by a sunni royal family, Qatar is focused on medias and friends with Iran, Masyan is a Persian merchant republic... Just pick those few characteristics that would mark its difference from its neighbors and it'll be fine.
I happen to be studying this region at university, so feel free to contact me whenever you feel like, I'll be glad to help you out shaping Qalif the best way possible! ;)
Patrik

Post by Patrik »

Jost Van Kortag wrote: 13 Feb 2021, 20:30 Glad to finally have a neighbor in the area! However, there are a few things I'd like to point out concerning your nation.

First of all, Qalif doesn't seem much bigger than Masyan, yet according to your calculations it seems to be more than twice its size... I'd place it somewhere between 20k km2 and 30k km2 :?:
Concerning the population, I see it quite too high; remember that that area is a desert, and even your immediate neighbors (Qatar and the emirates of Abu Dhabi and Dubai) hardly reach up to 5-6 million inhabitants. So I know It's kind of a mantra all members of AIN love repeating to whatever new country applies but consider slightly reducing your country's size and population. :P
HDI too is a bit too high for the area, the UAE's HDI is around 0,840 while Qatar's is around 0,831 and Bahrein's 0,806... It's ok to reduce it a bit, it would still be classified as "very high". I suggest making an average between your neighbors UAE, Qatar and Bahrein, this way you'd get a realistic enough data.

Second, you say that Jazah was already an important port in the 17th century, tho at the time settlements in that area were no more than villages, or didn't exist at all. Consider that the Arabs inhabiting those areas were mostly nomads, if there ever were settlements they must have been no more than little fishing ports or small trading posts where the majority of the population wasn't Arab but Persian or Yemeni. It's ok if your capital wasn't a powerhouse back then already, cities like Abu Dhabi, Dubai or Doha became huge metropolis very recently so Jazah doesn't need to be ancient to reach their same development.

Least but not last... Beware of the Arabic names lol: if the father is Sheikh Abdul bin Zayed al Wahhid, his son and successor will be Sheikh Mohamed bin Abdul bin Zayed al Wahhid; "bin" or "ibn" means "son of" or just "son" (or "boy") in Arabic, therefore the son's name will be "Mohamed, son of Abdul, son of Zayed al Wahhid" :lol:

Fix these small flaws and your nation will be fine... I actually look forward to have it in, especially if you say that this will be your tier one country, it means we will have a lot of activity going on between us two!
Don't be afraid of cutting it down to size a bit; in order to be unique your country doesn't need to be the largest or the best at everything in the area, it just needs those one or two characteristics making it stand out. I.e. the UAE are a confederation of monarchies, Bahrain is mostly shia but ruled by a sunni royal family, Qatar is focused on medias and friends with Iran, Masyan is a Persian merchant republic... Just pick those few characteristics that would mark its difference from its neighbors and it'll be fine.
I happen to be studying this region at university, so feel free to contact me whenever you feel like, I'll be glad to help you out shaping Qalif the best way possible! ;)
Thanks! This will help alot, i will do some changes.
Ehhmm...
Patrik

Post by Patrik »

stanislav wrote: 13 Feb 2021, 16:57 Fantastic application! For now I have no concerns regarding the content of the application, however I must point out that, as per the Alliance Charter, you must have owned your original member nation for 12 months before being allowed a second nation. This means that you can only get this to voting after April 15, which was when Kenji was accepted into AIN.
Oh, i forget :P but its okay, i will wait :)
Ehhmm...
Gregor
Nation: Neu Westfalen

Post by Gregor »

Very nice application, I believe Fred got most of the points linked to the nation. I have no issues here for now.

You might not like what I'm about to say, but it's meant with the best intentions. I believe that given the meagre development of Kenji in its last year, it would be better to focus on one nation, for now, develop it and integrate it. I would support replacing Kenji

I'm not asking you to do it, but consider it - if you feel more motivated by Qalif. :)
Patrik

Post by Patrik »

Gregor wrote: 15 Feb 2021, 11:52 Very nice application, I believe Fred got most of the points linked to the nation. I have no issues here for now.

You might not like what I'm about to say, but it's meant with the best intentions. I believe that given the meagre development of Kenji in its last year, it would be better to focus on one nation, for now, develop it and integrate it. I would support replacing Kenji

I'm not asking you to do it, but consider it - if you feel more motivated by Qalif. :)
I am feeling same way, but i will do changes to Kenji and make it great again. Good to see people are liking it :)
Ehhmm...
jmsepe
Nation: Teiko

Post by jmsepe »

It's not my region so I am not qualified to comment about Qalif but I hope the members can help you so Qalif becomes qualified to be a qualified member of AIN. However, please do note of the qualifying restrictions set forth by the AIN Charter (as stated by Stan) so that you may be qualified for a side nation and thus Qalif is qualified to be qualifying to be a qualified member of AIN.
What good would it bring if a man gains the whole world but loses his soul the one he loves?

MNL-CGY-DVO-CEB-ILO-SIN-TPE-PPS-KUL
BrumBrum

Post by BrumBrum »

I like the look of this but would like more info on the political structure and demographics to be honest though I do question 36 airports for such a small population since would that be economically viable? I'm not sure most arab nations have more than 10 with bigger populations though I could be wrong.
Patrik

Post by Patrik »

BrumBrum wrote: 06 Apr 2021, 23:00 I like the look of this but would like more info on the political structure and demographics to be honest though I do question 36 airports for such a small population since would that be economically viable? I'm not sure most arab nations have more than 10 with bigger populations though I could be wrong.
Wooah! I noticed that just now.. maybe like 8-10 airports will be better. That was mistake. If this application gets approved, i'll write about political structure and demographics to wiki. :)
Ehhmm...

Return to “Application Office”