[CONCLUDED] Reshaping Ca'onja

by Aranho
Image Motto: Onward Pasifika

How should I go about having the West Pacific join AIN?

Poll ended at 16 Nov 2020, 12:08

via the Senate (i.e. treat it as major changes to an existing nation)
100%
via Membership Application (i.e. apply as a new nation)
No votes

Total votes: 4
Dejon
Site Administrator
Nation: Arriola & Balisca

Re: Reshaping Ca'onja | Phase 4: People, Economy and the Torres Strait

Post by Dejon »

Looks great to me. :)
stanislav
President of the Alliance
President of the Alliance
Nation: California & USSR

Re: Reshaping Ca'onja | Phase 4: People, Economy and the Torres Strait

Post by stanislav »

I have no issues :)
«Всех умней, по-моему, тот, кто хоть раз в месяц самого себя дураком назовет» - Фёдор Достоевский
aranho
Director of Public Services
Nation: The West Pacific

Phase 5: Flag and Relationships

Post by aranho »

RESHAPING CA'ONJA
Link to Masterpost

Phase 5
Flag and Relationships

Step 1: National Flag
Image Image

This will be the national flag and emblem of the West Pacific. It consists of two-halves. The bottom half have a black semi-circle against the ocean blue, signifying the land and people of the Pacific Ocean. The top half have a gold semi-circle against the sky blue, signifying the Sun rising above the horizon. Together, it reflects the people's ambition in striving towards a future of progress and prosperity, as inscribed in the emblem: Onward Pasifika.

Step 2: Geopolitical Relationships

Asia-Pacific
Oceania, East/Southeast Asia and the Americas

With Oceania to its East and South and East/Southeast Asia to its West and North, the West Pacific would naturally develop close relationships with countries in these two regions.

The West Pacific shares similar culture with other Oceanic nations. Internally, the West Pacific also have a significant non-native population of East/Southeast Asian descent, allowing the establishment of cultural exchanges with countries in East/Southeast Asia. Being smack middle of both sides of the Asia-Pacific region, the West Pacific benefits greatly in economical relationship with countries within this region, which explains why many of its top trade partners are Asia-Pacific countries. It also engage in friendly competition with Australia and New Zealand over the other Pacific island nations in terms of regional influence and development.

Intergovernmental organisations related to this region that the West Pacific would be a member of includes the Pacific Community, the Pacific Islands Forum, APEC, East Asia Summit and ASEAN (as an observer). It had also established economical agreements (or under negotiation) with the many of the Asia-Pacific countries and regional blocs.

Other Regions

The West Pacific would also maintain close relationships with its past colonial countries, namely Germany, Netherlands, United Kingdom and the United States. The West Pacific would also have a significant non-native population of Western descent. The West Pacific is a member of the Commonwealth and is also under negotiation with both the European Union and EFTA to establish economic agreements with many European nations. Other economic agreements that are established or in negotiations with include India, the GSTP, the Gulf Cooperation Council and Turkey. In addition, the West Pacific expressed interest to join the CPTPP.

The AINverse

In consideration of the above context, the West Pacific would want to establish bilateral or regional agreements with AIN member states in the Asia-Pacific region in order to take advantage of higher trade volumes with the Asia-Pacific region compared to other regions. However, it is also willing to establish agreements with countries in other regions as part of its strategy of being an international hub in the Pacific.

One point to note, the default position of COFA is that it will not exist in the AINverse (i.e. there will be no free association status between Micronesia-Marshall Islands-Palau and AIN-USA). The reason for this had been fully explained in this comment but as a quick summary: due to the way the West Pacific was created, it will no longer result in a series of events that would lead to the creation of COFA. In my opinion, the COFA non-existence will not greatly impact the AIN-USA as a whole and thus there is no need to modify AIN-USA. However, I am willing to enter discussion on this matter should there be any concerns from Kendall and/or anyone else.

Your Feedback

With Phase 5 now published, it won't be soon before long as Ca'onja get replaced with the West Pacific. As such, any final feedback would be appreciated. :)

Responses

• TBA
Last edited by aranho on 14 Nov 2020, 22:05, edited 2 times in total.
Wiki Forum
Giovanni
Vice-President of the Alliance
Nation: Siculia & Sonora

Re: Reshaping Ca'onja | Phase 5: Flag and Relationships

Post by Giovanni »

One question: Ca'onja's previous affairs (Example: Air otranto is owned by ca'onja's flag carrier) will they be maintained or should we proceed with other bilateral agreements?

Except for this question, this version of West Pacific is all right for me.
Vice-President of the Alliance since March 1st, 2021
Need help? Send me a message! (Also on DISCORD)

Visit Sonora! Forum & Wiki
Visit Siculia! Forum & Wiki
aranho

Post by aranho »

Giovanni wrote: 28 Oct 2020, 18:58 One question: Ca'onja's previous affairs (Example: Air otranto is owned by ca'onja's flag carrier) will they be maintained or should we proceed with other bilateral agreements?

Except for this question, this version of West Pacific is all right for me.
I will be reviewing all of the previous agreements and deals made under Ca'onja (including all past news events such as those on Ca'onja Roundup), then modify it if necessary to cater to the new West Pacific. Nonetheless, all past agreements and most past news events will be carried over. In other words, while it can be considered a new nation, I am treating this as a modification of the existing nation. So in your example, yes, Air Otranto will still be owned by the Air World Group. :P
Last edited by aranho on 14 Nov 2020, 22:03, edited 1 time in total.
Wiki Forum
Charlie
Nation: New Duveland & Zambezi

Post by Charlie »

No doubt ND will have a friendly rivalry with the West Pacific, with relations even possibly stronger than Aus due to higher polynesian/melanesian populations. But definitely a lot strongr than say, Indonesia. I also like the new flag! Very simple and fitting for the region! :P
Image Image Image Image
Michael
Site Administrator
Nation: Mikenstein & Sint Cunera

Post by Michael »

I very much like the flag! This is shaping up to be a very interesting reform.
Image---------------Image

Member State since 5th March 2016
Global Moderator since 4th March 2017
President between 1st March 2018 and 28th February 2019
Permanent Administrator since 1st March 2019

Send me a message!
aranho

Post by aranho »

Michael wrote: 30 Oct 2020, 17:11 This is shaping up to be a very interesting reform.
Speaking of which...
aranho wrote: 28 Oct 2020, 19:47 I will be reviewing all of the previous agreements and deals made under Ca'onja (including all past news events such as those on Ca'onja Roundup), then modify it if necessary to cater to the new West Pacific. Nonetheless, all past agreements and most past news events will be carried over. In other words, while it can be considered a new nation, I am treating this as a modification of the existing nation. So in your example, yes, Air Otranto will still be owned by the Air World Group. :P
...and taking into consideration of what I said a while back, how should I go about doing this?

Should I consider this as a major change to my existing nation by submitting a bill to the Senate? Or should I consider this as a new nation yet retaining some non-application related aspects of Ca'onja (e.g. news, existing contracts)?

I have created a poll to get a quick opinion from you guys on this. :P However, you guys are free to elaborate on your thoughts on this topic. :)
Wiki Forum
Giovanni
Nation: Siculia & Sonora

Post by Giovanni »

aranho wrote: 09 Nov 2020, 12:19
...and taking into consideration of what I said a while back, how should I go about doing this?

Should I consider this as a major change to my existing nation by submitting a bill to the Senate? Or should I consider this as a new nation yet retaining some non-application related aspects of Ca'onja (e.g. news, existing contracts)?

I have created a poll to get a quick opinion from you guys on this. :P However, you guys are free to elaborate on your thoughts on this topic. :)
I personally believe that a bill in the Senate is enough. But if you want you can present a new application. You are free to do what you want
Vice-President of the Alliance since March 1st, 2021
Need help? Send me a message! (Also on DISCORD)

Visit Sonora! Forum & Wiki
Visit Siculia! Forum & Wiki
aranho

Re: Reshaping Ca'onja

Post by aranho »

Giovanni wrote: 09 Nov 2020, 13:32 I personally believe that a bill in the Senate is enough. But if you want you can present a new application. You are free to do what you want
Based on the responses from the quick poll, I will be submitting a bill to the Senate on rebranding my nation of Ca'onja into the West Pacific.

In fact, the bill is now available here: link! It also includes a new government structure!

Now that I have submitted the bill, this thread will now formally close but will be kept as in archive for references. All discussions should be continued on the bill. :)
Wiki Forum

Return to “The Pasifika Federation”