Application | Korean Empire

Here you can build your application, and when ready, post it!
Patrik

Application | Korean Empire

Post by Patrik »

Note: This application replaces Kenji.
Last edited by Patrik on 03 Oct 2021, 08:13, edited 5 times in total.
Ehhmm...
stanislav
President of the Alliance
Nation: California & USSR

Re: Application | Korean Empire

Post by stanislav »

I am very supportive of this application but I would like to have the history adjusted. I don’t have issue with it until you essentially start having Korea supplant Japan’s role in the region during the late 1800s and 1900s. This has major consequences to the history of the region and I believe we should try to maintain the Japanese occupation of Korea at the very least. This makes sure World War 2 carries on the way it did (more or less). Right now the history of your application completely changes and even seems to remove the Pacific Theatre of the war.

Besides that, I have no issue
«Всех умней, по-моему, тот, кто хоть раз в месяц самого себя дураком назовет» - Фёдор Достоевский
aranho
Director of Public Services
Director of Public Services
Nation: The West Pacific

Post by aranho »

I personally excited at the prospect of a single entity governing the entire Korean peninsula. 🤩

Now then, with the application up and running, there is no need to hurry. I am not well-read on the Korean history before the "Gwangmu Reform" in your timeline, but I have some queries regarding the Korean history post-Gwangmu Reform (on top of the major concern Stan asked above):
  • In 1894, Korea tired to spread influence in China. Why?
  • In 1904, Korea wanted to divide Manchuria. Why? Also, why is Korea attacking Russia and not Japan?
  • In 1937, the Sino-Korean War broke out. Why Korea wants to fight with China? Also, why is Korea attacking China and not Japan?
  • In 1942, Korea and Japan break their "friendship". Why?
  • In addition to the last 3 queries, why the Japanese Occupation of Korea did not happen in your timeline? Or in other words, how did both Korea and Japan became friends? :P
  • Lastly, why did the Korean War not happen in your timeline? (I have more questions on post-Korean War stuff if the Korean War did not happen, but I'll ask them after I know your answer.)
Wiki Forum

Malaysia (WIP) • Nusantara (WIP) • Philippines
OtakuWeebster
Director of Infrastructure
Director of Infrastructure
Nation: Takamaiku

Post by OtakuWeebster »

Okay. Reading through this matter. I found it personally excited seeing Korea being applied as an AIN Nation, however....you have to realize that United Korea isn't as easy as establishing a united nation-state. It's pretty in-depth and takes weeks to take grasp on it.

Now here's my analysis as I tend to be critical on Asian nations as a whole:
  • First things first, why wasn't Korea got invaded by Japan...twice?

During in the IRL Korea time frame, the Japanese would invade the Korean peninsula during the 1592 Imjin Disturbance and lastly during 1905 when it became a protectorate of Japan. While it is true that AIN Japan are fractured and less powerful, it is still a big driving force in imperialism across Asia. They were the strongest. Period. Unless you have a military statistics, power information, and even the complexity as like Japan's Imperial Army, it is not possible for an united Korea exist during the 1860s. It can be, but Japan will come and knock it down hard. Unless you have the perfect justification and stuff to back it up, quite frankly, it's not possible to replace Japan's might position by that era. It would mess up, not just Japan's time line, but also our history ties to it.

• The War....what happend next?

I know this is quite subjective, but I can't shrug it off either. Most Asian nation got affected by the might of the Japanese Empire. Assuming it has the same military statistics as the OG Korean Empire, it's not enough to ward off the powerful Japanese. You must have a good justification to back it up. In this timeline, Russia is still the strongest and you'll get beaten up badly. No cap. Also question, why did Korea expanded to Manchuria? Isnt that what Japanese Korea would do instead? And here's the biggest gripe i have, what will happend to the Korean War?

The Korean War is basically what makes the North and South Korea divide happend, and Soviet and the US would take this opportunity to rule half of it based on their vision of a new Korea. IMO, my earliest POD for unification was after 1945 or even during the Korean War. You can answer this part after you said why didn't the Japanese have the ingenuity invading you.

However, you might be basing on this Korean Empire or even the Joseon Empire, but you have to keep in mind that unless you have proven plan to make them more stable, Japan will come.

• Minor data error

For the GDP per Capita, it is slightly wrong. For the PPP per capita, it must be $41,912.34. For the Nominal Per Capita, it must be $39,533.08. The density must be 460 km^2. Japan, instead of Korea, is used in the population page

So here's my verdict for this initial application, its all decent enough....until the history between 1800s and 1950s. These are the critical times whether it became as one from Korean War, or became as one as a continutation of the empire since 1392. You should have talked to the parties involved (Especially Asian states like Teiko, Oka, Nakama, Takamaiku, and western nations such as Soviet Union and United States). You must have established a mutual history between these nations to make Korean Empire to make sense for others.

You don't have to rush it. Rushing it makes it worse. You may have to revise it again before I approve this.
Malaysia (WIP) • Nusantara (WIP) • Philippines
stanislav
Nation: California & USSR

Post by stanislav »

New history is a step in the right direction. However, I want to hear more details on the outcome of the Korean War, namely how it was decided that Korea become a united nation. As the Soviet Union and United States played a significant role in this war, it’s important that we discuss this with the members involved.

For more detailed issues, I defer to those who are more versed in East Asian history
«Всех умней, по-моему, тот, кто хоть раз в месяц самого себя дураком назовет» - Фёдор Достоевский
Billy
Nation: Jarraban

Post by Billy »

Agree with Stan, think I'd like to see further info on the Korean War before offering my support. It's the missing link in what is otherwise a fairly decent application IMO. Can't help but feel you're rushing things a little though.

Return to “Application Office”